Compiling Smolt under Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, Developmental Release

Boden Matthews boden.matthews at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 04:18:35 BST 2010

Hi all,
I need some help compiling smolt for Ubuntu. I don't normally compile
for Linux, as most programs I need are available from Synaptic Package
Manager. Smolt is a little bit different, as it's only available in
source code, or prebuilt packages for RPM-based systems. I spoke with
the creator, and he said that at one point there was an unofficial
package for Ubuntu, but not anymore. So I want to compile Smolt for
Ubuntu, and then submit it to be added by Canonical. But there is one
problem. In the tarball, there is no configure file. I have already
tried autoconf, but it gives an error about needing an input file. Does
anyone know what file I'm supposed to give to autoconf to make it work?
If you want to look through the source code,
https://fedorahosted.org/releases/s/m/smolt/ is where it is hosted.