connecting to the internet

dopey dora jessiescott1 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Sep 27 05:26:30 BST 2009

I have followed all the tips I have found posted - thank you for the
excellent work done by all - learnt so much - have installed Ubuntu &
been in & done the Thunderbird thing for the emails, ethernet adapter
wireless network connection info  & settings - tried to run nm-applet
but get it into the panel system tray, can't find it or network
manager info in search - spent hours reading all I can find -so
frustrating - can someone take pity please and tell me what else I
need to do?