whats with this your not a member and wait for a moderator yet it appears I *am * member

Harrison Conlin me at harrisony.com
Tue Nov 10 19:37:57 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Phil in the scrub
<phil0488497315 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your mail to 'ubuntu-au' with the subject
>
>   Re: 10 useful yhings to do after installing Karmic

> The reason it is being held:
>
>   Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>

> I reckon this sort of thing will turn a lot of folks away
> as well as the big flashy sigs when using expensive connections  when
> away

posts from non-members is significantly low. I suggest you sign up to
the list (by clicking the link at the bottom of the email) this
ensures that all your messages are sent instantly to the list and that
 that you also see all the responses to your question.

By 'big flashy sigs' you mean an image in a signature? If you look at
most mailing lists posts they are plain text (this message included).
There is a very small minority of posts that are HTML and even fewer
with an image. If you have an issue with someone including an image in
a signature I suggest you talk to them directly and not make
accusations against all the members of the mailing list.

--
Harrison Conlin