Data Recovery: professionals familiar with ext3

Erland erlandh at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 2 10:01:12 BST 2008

Hi all,
I recently had a major problem on my external hard drive - something
to do with a corrupt journal I think. Anyway, after asking people on
the ubuntu IRC channel, it appears that I need to go to a commercial
data recovery service. I have tried a few things myself without
success - mainly because I don't have another external hard drive that
can hold an entire image of the drive. Therefore gddrescue etc doesn't
work. Can anyone tell me who (in Sydney) could do data recovery on an
ext3 filesystem. The data is super critical to me, so I want to make
sure whoever handles it really knows what they're doing.
Thanks,
Erland.
erlandh at myrealbox.com