Monitor problem

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 4 07:02:42 BST 2008

I have recently switched to Ubuntu 8.04.  Am a new convert still trying
to configure my computer.

At issue is my Samsung SyncMaster 205bw (lcd) monitor.

I have noticed that my photographs and videos are appreciably fuzzier
than they are using the same monitor in XP.  I am presuming that it must
be something to do with the Driver?

Sumsung do not provide a Linux driver as such.

Questions:
      * Where in Ubuntu do I go to look at what driver is actually in
        use?
      * Are there alternative drivers for my monitor?
      * Is there a solution to improving the quality of rendering?

Dave W