Motherboard Suggestions

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 15 09:59:52 GMT 2008

Am Dienstag, den 15.01.2008, 11:30 +1000 schrieb Tate Johnson:

> That said, my server currently utilises the nVidia nForce 570 Ultra
> chipset and I haven't had a single issue! My previous desktop was
> based on the nForce 2 Ultra chipset which was also problem-free.

Yep, both those nVidia chipsets are very Linux-compatible - the nForce
570 was pretty much straight away; the much older nForce 2 did so with
time.

My current desktop board is the Abit KN9 Ultra (nForce 570), which
received a good review from a Linux hardware site -
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=530&num=1 . My
previous desktop was also an nForce 2 (ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe). Both are/were
excellent performers that work well with Linux.

And, btw, I've chosen the AMD/nVidia combo for my last two desktop
builds because of the bang-for-your-buck factor - not for any
irrational/fanboyish reasons in case anybody was suspicious. Intel make
great hardware, but I've managed to save myself $200 each build by going
AMD/nVidia, and still managed to get myself an excellent
performance/mid-range rig.