Motherboard Suggestions

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 11 14:58:01 GMT 2008

Todd wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am thinking of purchasing a new computer, something that Ubuntu will
> work with "out of the box".  Could any one give me some suggestions to
> what would be a Ubuntu friendly motherboard that is readily available
> online and a suitable AMD CPU to match. I am looking at the budget end
> of the the market. I was intending also to purchase a N Vidia Ge Force
> 8500 GT as well as my present ATI card has driven me over the edge. Any
> comments and suggestion would be most welcome thanks.
>
> Cheers
> Todd

Hi Todd,
I have an Asus M2NPN-VM mother board with Athlon 64X2 dual core,
MSI NX7300 GT-TD256E 256 MB DDR2 TV-out DVI HDTV Video Card. All just
worked, no problems,
all worked fine. Only problem had to install a Pci serial card as no
serial port on mother board.

Mother Board cost A$169
Athlon 64X2 dual core A$205
MSI NX7300 GT-TD256E 256 MB A$153 May be cheaper ways to go though.
Hope this helps
Take Care
Winton