Fw: Dual Booting -Toggle between O/Systems

Gregory Storer gps at storer.com.au
Sat Jan 5 00:50:19 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 11:23 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > >     2. Share or access data files seamlessly between the systems?
> >
> > For dual-boot: Make a FAT32 partition, which both systems can access
> > with full read/write.
>
> I believe that Ubuntu now does safe read/write of NTFS by default, through the
> ntfs-3g driver. A FAT32 partition should no longer be needed.

It certainly does, I share (well, not share, but can access it.) a NTFS
partition between XP and Ubuntu and can read/write from either OS with
no problems.  Ubuntu sees all the NTFS drives on my computer, and with
proper permissions set, can access them all.  Windows only sees it self.
(So more like a mirror than a window)

Greg.