Weird permissions behaviour!

Junin Toiro junin.toiro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:17:20 GMT 2007

Hiya Cary, also my first post to the lists though I've been reading
them for quite a while ;)

Testing Hardy already huh? You're gamer than I am that's for sure :)

I actually remember having a similar problem back on Feisty quite a
while ago (probably in beta) and from memory it was a perms problem
with my /home/user directory. Why that would bork gksudo I can't tell
you but what I'd suggest is posting your apt-get results and perhaps
the perms on your home dir, ownership and the like. IIRC it was a
matter of cleaning up the apt problems and reapplying correct
permissions to /home/.

Not sure if this will help in your case but thought I'd mention it as
it sounds very similar to what happened to me.

Good luck!