Ubuntu Australia LoCo Team Forums

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Sat May 19 07:21:05 BST 2007

Chris Jones wrote:
> I know this has been suggested in the past and the issue has
> continuously been swept under the carpet by many people. No names
> mentioned.

It was NOT swept under the carpet. If you had been paying attention to
the list, you would have known this. I find this insinuation quite
offensive.

> We can't seem to get a Ubuntu Australia LoCo Team Forum at
> UbuntuForums.org, so I propose the idea of creating our own.

That is because the team decided that it was not necessary to splinter
the group into yet another communication medium. Instead, we decided to
use gmane to add a web interface to the mailing list.

> I am sick to death of 'chatting' via the mailing list as it's such an
> old fashioned way of communicating.
>
> How about it people?

Chris,

We, as a team, decided, on numerous occasions (3 occasions iirc), that
we do not need a local english language forum in the english language
based ubuntuforums.org. Instead, we decided to pursue having the gmane
interface to the mailing list... so that there is a singular content
pool for two access mediums. Web interface and email interface. This now
exists, and has done so for months

As per this decision, the gmane interface was set up, and announced by
Jeff back in mid-February. See the mail in the mailman archives (
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-au/2007-February/001284.html ),
or read below:

--
Sincerely