java apps have blank screen

Michael Noiesen noiesmo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:15:06 BST 2007

Just a note on beryl and java this might help

I am running Beryl on my system and from time to time I use Frostwire,
however I found when running with beryl I was getting a white window
instead of Frostwires window as expected.

After checking in the beryl channel on irc.freenode I was told about a
work around for this.

I add the following lines to my ~/.bash_profile

AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit
export AWT_TOOLKIT

you will need to log off and back on for it to take affect.

/Part of my ~/.bash_profile file/

cat .bash_profile

# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash(1) for login shells.

# see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files for examples.

# the files are located in the bash-doc package.

#Set env for java to work with frostwire and java apps under beryl

AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

export AWT_TOOLKIT

# Maximum numbers of lines that can be written to the