Somem problems with the demo of v5.10

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Sat May 13 09:27:06 BST 2006

Jess Brisbane wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I have just downloaded and burnt a copy of the v 5.10 live demo, but I am
> having some problems. When I boot from the CD, the installation process
> stops at the 'Detect & Mount CD-ROM' stage, with a message to the effect
> that my installation CD-ROM couldn't be mounted and probably is not in the
> drive. I find this strange, since I believe that to get to this stage, it
> has already booted off the CD. I have two questions: why would the demo be
> running the installation process in the first place, and how can I get it to
> run? If it helps, I downloaded it from one of the Australian mirror sites,
> but I don't remember which one.

It boots off your cd but wont continue loading because when cdroms boot
they pretend to be floppy discs. after the initial loading they go back
to check if they are a cdrom or a floppy, and don't find themselves.
great.

I'm not sure of a work around. when i get that i usually throw the drive
away rather then work it out, because new drives don't tend to do that,
only old ones. ;)

kk

--
Karl Goetz