Intel 965 Mother board

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 06:55:57 GMT 2006

How easy it is to overlook posts on some hardware items.

I had a new tower built for me - I know that I should have done it myself.

Intel DG965WH Mother Board
Intel Duo Processor 3.4 GHz
2 SATA hard drives
2 DVD readers and burners,
etc., etc.

Ubuntu would not load - a PCI error, nor would Knoppix, Mepis, DSL or any
other Debian distro.

Information is trickling in on the Ubuntu Forum if you put the right search
parameters in as others are being caught in this dilemma.  It seems to be
MoBo specific.

Anyway, the way I fixed it was to insert an IDE to SATA converter ($28) in
one of the DVD drives and "Hey Presto" Ubuntu made contact with the DVD
drive and installed.  Now I need to do the same to the other DVD drive.

I now have a dual boot, 2 drive system with Ubuntu as my primary OS and
Window$ as my second.

Take note.

Cheers,
Andre