status of the free mailout

David Drury idavid at atdotdotnet.net
Sun Aug 13 14:11:15 BST 2006

Ok James et al,
Rather than limiting this project lets expand it...

Would you think that Linux Australia (as represented by its committee) would
agree that a service to distribute Linux to the community (most specifically
Australia, New Zealand) would be a valuable service to sponser.Maybe we can
set up the Linux Distribution network. Funding required would be for the
shipping costs, the storage space for ISOs and the media costs, assuming
time is voluntarily given.

I am a member of a few linux lists and a common request is for Linux Distro
CDs for major distros (off the top of my head, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian,
Gentoo, Mandduck (or whatever they are now), Suse).

Maybe an ongoing grant could be for ongoing supply of Distro CDs to the
comunity !

Thoughts ?

 --
David Drury