status of the free mailout

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Sun Aug 13 13:36:25 BST 2006

Okay, I'm going to step in with my Linux Australia Grants Tsar hat on.

Firstly I have to make it clear that Linux Australia has to be distro
neutral, this means we can't be seen to favour one distro over another.
Secondly you guys are going to have to show the community how having a
local distributor for ubuntu benefits everyone in the community, and
you'll probably have to do it beyond "Its faster than shipit".

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, by all means make the grant
request, all requests are looked over for a two week period by the
membership before a decision is made by the committee. I just think
you're best served by being aware of some of the issues that the request
may face.
--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member