[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Network Manager-icons

James Schriver jws141 at verizon.net
Sat May 30 13:15:51 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 02:42 +0530, mac_v wrote:
> Hi,
> At present the network manager uses the old hi-color icons for network
> status and for connecting status , its time new icons are created...
>
> Since the breathe team is still in progress, I thought I could add my
> idea for these icons...And I have added a set of icons to the
> submissions wiki page.
> I'v submitted a set of icons using straight bars , but curved bars can
> also be an alternative.
> I have been using a set of  .pngs for personal use with a modified
> behavior for the connecting status. In total the network manager uses 38
> icons , so I thought I better get a  go-ahead before creating  a whole
> set of .svgs !
>
> I have attached, to this mail ,a set of the icons which I have submitted
> in the wiki , also attached is the connection status pngs i have been
> using , so that the proposed new behavior could be better understood.
>
> To test the new behavior/icons just extract the icons and add the icons
> to the "/scalable/apps" folder of the icon set you are using and
> re-select the icon theme.
>
> The colors are just not perfected yet.Any suggestions/ideas are welcome.
> Hoping to work on this icon set.
>
> Cheers,
> mac_v
>
> PS:
> 1>The colors in the pngs are better suited for my desktop , but
> submitting them here just for the proposed behavior .
> 2>The behavior could also be made similar to the radar scanner view.
> 3>@Cory, I tried using caps where needed ;)

These icons are absolutely awesome.  The reconnection animation is by
far better than nm-applet's default circular animation.  My only
recommendation as far the colors go is maybe try an orange color like
used in go-home or the lighter teal/blue color of the system-logout
icons.  The lighter green is a bit bold especially on darker themes.

Again great work and I've been testing these icons since you uploaded.

Regards,

dashua