[ubuntu-art] Gartoon Redux icons in Edubuntu

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:03:53 BST 2009

Krzysztof Kosiński wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I am the maintainer of an expanded version of the Gartoon theme,
> called Gartoon Redux. There are roughly 400 additional icons compared
> to Gartoon, and the coverage is pretty extensive. The style is
> consistent with the old Gartoon icons. I want to ask,
> is it possible to use my icon set in Edubuntu instead of the old Gartoon set,
> which is quite lacking in its coverage in some areas?
>
> I have created a Debian package of the theme, which is available from
> my Launchpad PPA:
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/tweenk/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/tweenk/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
> The name of the package is gnome-icon-theme-gartoon-redux.
>
> I'm currently exposing the theme to the outside world through gnome-look.org:
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Gartoon+Redux?action=content&content=74841
>
> Regards, Krzysztof Kosiński

We've chatted before. :) I used Ubuntoon from GNOME-Look as a base for:
https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntoon. (which is what the Edubuntu package
uses) I actually have some of your changes but haven't pulled them in
quite a while. We should try to see what we can pull together officially
for Edubuntu.

I'm quite busy this weekend but we should try to hammer something out
next week.

-Cory K.