[ubuntu-art] New Wave metacity on Jaunty

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 27 12:50:50 GMT 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 16:07:58 Anton Kerezov wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> As I see on many screenshot the font sizes in jaunty are very small thus
> making the metacity look very ugly. Does anybody knows a way to fix this?
> Cory, Kenneth, anybody?

You can add lines like these to the end of the index.theme:

ApplicationFont=sans 18
DocumentsFont=sans 18
DesktopFont=sans 18
WindowTitleFont=sans 18
MonospaceFont=monospace 18

I do *not* suggest doing this because although one font size might look good
on your desktop it definitely will not look good on all desktops. This is a bug
in the selection of the font by the installer (or whatever) and I suggest you
report it if it isn't already. On my system the fonts were larger than before,
so setting large fonts in the theme wouldn't help me at all ;)

--
Ken