[ubuntu-art] creamlooks-gtk

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Fri Mar 21 23:50:37 GMT 2008

..on or around Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 04:35:34PM -0700, Sumit Agarwal said:
> It doesn't fall under K.I.S.S. because 90+% of users would never dream
> that a keyboard button would function as a toggle upon the cursor.

then how does it somehow occur to them that ALT-LMB will grab a window?
that ALT-TAB cycles though windows?

> If you can't get around just fine without a keyboard plugged in, you
> haven't succeeded in your interface design. You wouldn't believe how
> many Windows users are stunned when I use CTRL+C, CTRL+V, ALT+ESC, and
> ALT+TAB. Despite these functions being present since time immemorial,
> most people are still completely unaware of it.
>
> Oh, and I have a TabletPC, so while I like keyboard shortcuts, I don't
> like to be forced to use them ;)

the TabletPC is a case i hadn't considered. a solution may be to have
the cursor change to a resize graphic when the pointer is within 3
pixels of the window edge. this would also make it more apparent for
those transitioning from other windowing environments.

cheers,

--
julian oliver
http://julianoliver.com