[ubuntu-art] Hardy GTK Theme

Jacob Padilla jacob.padilla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:09:30 GMT 2007

I agree that the engine should share long term support with the release. I
don't however think system requirements need to be changed on this release
and especially not on the account of something like a theme engine. Then
again I'm also opposed to a LiveCD based standard install CD where if you
don't meet the system req then you get the Debian installer based alternate
CD, but that's off topic.

Maybe there needs to be an all new (or rescued abandon ware or forked
Clearlooks) GTK engine / window border / GDM theme maintained by Ubuntu? How
else can long term support be guaranteed? It would be great for branding.