[ubuntu-art] Hardy GTK Theme

xl cheese xl_cheese at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:58:17 GMT 2007

Considering that direction I played with combining the human them and the new gummy clearlooks theme.  The clearlooks is cool because it accepts color customization from the appearance panel.
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Human+w%2Bgummy+clearlooks.++?content=67957

Other ideas we can roll into this idea are to create an extra accent color option on the appearance panel.  This would allow us to change metacity and say the panel/panel buttons
independently from prelights and active things.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/ColorOptionsforThemes

One other note on the new clearlooks engine is that it implements gradients on the menubar and toolbar.  Two styles are supported,  GUMMY and GLOSSY.  It'd be nice to be able to select which one you want from the appearance panel and have the theme implement it.  That shouldn't be too hard to do.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/PolishedOrSatinI want to play with the above theme some more and make the metacity and panel/panelbuttons dark.  The previous metacity ideas on this list are nice.

Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:27:32 -0500From: newz at bearfruit.orgTo: jacob.padilla at gmail.comCC: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.comSubject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Hardy GTK Theme...to make major changes was with the 7.04 and 7.10 releases and maybe instead of changing the theme engine for Hardy we should work on polishing what we're already using.-- Matthew Nuzumnewz2000 on freenode