[ubuntu-art] 8.04 Theme

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 19:57:39 GMT 2007

Thomas said: "We all have different taste in design and graphics"

After looking at some of the Mockups, I SURE have to agree with this
statement. I shurely hope Ubuntu doesn't look like Brown Vista all shiny
and gooey looking when this is all over with!!!

Thomas said: "everything is plain and looks like ANY standard Linux theme
from the late 90ies"

Did you use Linux in the late 90's? I did - it looked like this:

http://everythinglinux.org/redhat62/ss1.jpg

or this:

http://frodo.syminet.com/~deep/deb30g14.jpg

Or even worse:

http://gcm.sourceforge.net/img/GCM1_vs_GCM2.jpg

(These are just some I found w/ a google image search...)

Thomas Said: "I think we should go for a good looking design for Ubuntu
8.04, even if it decreases performance!"

I honestly can't beleive I just read that!!! Sure, let's just drag down
everyones OS so we can say it looks pretty (that is if you call shiny
reflective plastic looking widgets "pretty").

Again, like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I just
thought I would through a suggestion out there.