[ubuntu-art] Artwork vote results

Michiel Sikma omega at avalanchestudios.net
Wed May 24 08:52:27 BST 2006

Op 24-mei-2006, om 8:29 heeft Billy het volgende geschreven:

> trivial? If it was important enough to be chewed out for not doing
> something when we_did_in_fact_do_it, then it is important enough to
> set the record straight! It's offensive you think that to be
> trivial. I'm done on the subject. Everyone here knew the facts, but
> Mark has more than a full plate dealing with all aspects of a
> distro, so it was emphatic he understand. I can deal with anything
> except being falsely accused. It's also offensive you'd suggest no
> one should have said anything just because you think it is trivial.

I'm sorry if I have offended you. I honestly didn't mean to do that,
nor did I mean to imply that nobody should say anything about this.
What I'm implying is trivial is the fact that the art team as a whole
is being accused as unorganized; to be honest, we are, even if the
art team had better potential in this situation. We can try again
later in the next release cycle. For now, let's just be happy that we
were able to choose on a couple of good themes and churn out good
usplash proposals. This kind of collaboration and activity is good.

It's unfortunate that there (still) exists confusion about what is
going to happen. Apparently, we have three themes for certain, and
possibly two others (it's been established that LegacyHuman isn't a
de facto standard theme, and the possibility says that we might have
five themes instead of three).

It would be nice if someone could shed some light on that last thing.
The art team has heard that five themes were to be selected, then we
hear that three themes have been chosen, and now nobody really knows
what the deal is. We could wait until release, but I'm sure someone
here knows what has been packaged thus far.

Michiel