[ubuntu-art] Deadline for community art: May 15

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri May 12 19:46:26 BST 2006

bvc wrote:
> Overall I like the Human icons and it's probably because of the
> shadows. It actually has a shadow and not some unprofessional round
> thing popping out from underneath it, like the svg icons do. For this
> reason alone, Tango and Tangerine are a mess and makes them
> distracting and ugly! If you look at my screenshots with tango and
> tangerine you will see realistic, 'professional' svg shadows.
>
> Billy
Ok, fixed in tango cvs now (thanks jimmac!). I must admit that I never
quite liked the tone in your complains about the shadows, but anyway,
now it's fixed.
We're planning on moving over to svg-filters for the shadows once they
are properly implented in Inkscape and when librsvg (almost there) and
ksvg2 renders them perfectly. AndyFitz actually made it working by
inserting a class into a svg file by hand, so it's not that far away. I
really own that man a beer.
Will take care of the shadows in Tangerine sometime this weekend.
Take care!
- Andreas