[ubuntu-art] Tang{o,erine} Extras?

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed May 3 10:52:07 BST 2006

Hello everybody,

before outlining the plan and asking you for comments, I want to thank
you all for your work in the Ubuntu Art team. The impact tangerine had
on people in the community is enormous. It was never as easy to get
involved as it is now and the rising amount of new icons counts as an
evidence for that.

However, there's a problem we should try to fix asap: every added icon
to Tangerine might be something we could like to have Tango as well.
This is especially problematic for the Xubuntu guys: they use Tango as
default and might want to have some app icons as well.

Lapo and Andreas suggested to create "tango extras" or whatever we'd
like to call it, to provide icons, that would work with both themes. We
could make both packages (tango-icon-theme and tangerine-icon-them)
depend on that extras package and we'd all be happy again.

Can anybody see complications with that? How would you call such a
package?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel