[ubuntu-art] Re: Default themes

bvc bvcmdk at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 05:54:57 BST 2006

 2006/5/2, bvc <bvcmdk at yahoo.com> wrote:
        To address your list....
        1) I think any pixmap themes should come from the other 3 community themes.

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
    Please plese, no pixmap themes. They may look shiny, but I believe them to be one of the core things that make people say that Gnome is unresponsive. Dapper is feeling snappy right now, let's keep it that way :-)

Please excuse the format of this email. I really need to change my email address for the list so I can use evolution instead of this yahoo garbage.

Gnome is unresponsive because of cairo. The destruction took place with its premature, buggy inclusion in gnome2.10. It has improved but not near enough. If dapper feels snappy it's because you are not using ubunutulooks either. You have an old sys. Most, or a lot, do not and if you take a look at the most downloaded themes, you'll find they're mostly pixmap. People like eyecandy. No, I don't have a problem with pixmap themes not being included. I don't use them anymore anyway because of cairo's slow rendering and I'm not old. I'm not new but....athlon xp 1900, 512mb ram, nvidia gf mx440 64mb agp. Sad that something like this can't use pixmap themes. Very sad indeed.