[ubuntu-art] New member

Niklas Weidel weidel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 23:07:53 BST 2006

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I have plenty of print experience as it was what I was doing at the
advertising agency. It's fun, but i prefer digital; it's soooo much nicer
not to have to work in 2gb photoshop high resolution documents.. =)

UI designing at DICE is usually done with freelancers though, I've been
talking with the guy behind Battlefield and he also freelances for ad
agencies such as Ogilvy; year-round positions as UI designers are rare and
few inbetween in the business, sadly. It's a whole science, but mostly game
companies just hires a good graphic artists that "knows the genre".. :/

Or, hires a UI company like scaleform then, I suppose. =) That sounds really
nice! Where are they located?

I'm not much of an IRC'er (I got bored of it around, uh, '97) but perhaps
I'll renew my passion. Might give it a shot!

May I ask what the top prios are for the art team right now? What are you
guys focusing on - I guess it's a bunch of work for next release?

Cheers
/Niklas