[ubuntu-art] A request

Billy Billy at cozyteapot.com
Mon Jun 12 05:06:56 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 22:33 +0200, Étienne Bersac wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't condamn proprietary software users. But that's just as shame
> when people see Ubuntu coming with "great professionnal art software"
> such as Gimp and Inkscape, but artwork wasn't done with that tools. Does
> the pope preach for islam ?

That pretty much sums it up for me. Doesn't matter if you make it in PS
or AI in a particular format. Doesn't belong in linux, and it's a shame
if it ends up here. I have AI, PS, and many others, but I won't buy them
anymore and I do not use them to make anything that ends up on your
linux desktop, heck I don't even use them anymore. I don't care if you
use it, as long as the art stays on the other platform. You call it
condemnation, but I call it common sense. If money was pumped into
Human, it would have gone a lot farther if put into inkscape and the
gimp while allowing tangerine to be the default ;) "Hey those icons look
great!"..."but they were made with PS on a mac", is absolutely silly.
Keep it in the family or take it somewhere else :D Wha?...ashamed of
your great OS?