[ubuntu-art] A request

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 12 00:46:57 BST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at laposte.net>
To: Michiel Sikma <omega at avalanchestudios.net>
Cc: Ubuntu Art <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:33:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] A request

I don't condamn proprietary software users. But that's just as shame
when people see Ubuntu coming with "great professionnal art software"
such as Gimp and Inkscape, but artwork wasn't done with that tools. Does
the pope preach for islam ?

   	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	  Regarding vectordrawing programs inkscape just doesn't cut it.
As a bitmap editor, I can live with the Gimp but when it comes to creating  vector images, I use exclusively Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand. Currently, I am experimenting with xara and I like it. But I guess we still have to wait a couple of more months till it's gonna be fully ported to linux.  J. Mak