[ubuntu-art] Inconsistence of gradients and artwork colors

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Sun Apr 2 00:21:57 BST 2006

Hello,

I completely agree with Billy. The curent artwork is obviously far
from a polished final artwork. Every time i take a closer look at it,
i think "that will be polished before June". But as i read above,
some consider this artwork as final.  *glarg* !?

Billy is completely right about the gradient. Gradients are anarchic.
I really like the title bar one. In general, the title bar is very
nice both color, gradient, shape, buttons, etc.

I have something more to say : colours are anarchic too. I saw those
colour : chocolate brown (mostly from breezy background), caramel
brown, sharp orange and light orange. (I have some difficulty to
express colour in english).

I think chocolate brown and orange fit well together. chocolate and
caramel fit very well together. But orange and caramel do not fit
well together. People like the chocolate brown. And really : the
chocolate+gold from breezy was very good. adding it gradient will
greatly improve this. We may let a try to caramel instead of gold.

One more thing : please use tangoish icons and colours. When i saw
tangoish artwork, this was like a hope of a good artwork with the
good basis of Tango.

On Windows, first things i do is installing firefox, OOo and other
free softwares (i do this for other people since i don't use
Windows). I don't want to see people changing theme as an emergency
task.

Étienne.