Regarding Moving packages from Universe section to main section

Chandan M C chandukutti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 10:05:59 GMT 2006

Hi ,
  Then , How do you test that this package from debian works on your
development release ... for example Feisty... Now you dont have archive for
feisty .. How do you start building archive for feisty ..In what way you
build binary packages from debian source for fiesty ... How do you setup the
build environment for your developemnt release ... on which build
environment you will rebuild packages for fiesty..(Development release )

How do you ensure that all the packages you are putting in your main and
universe section will work fine over that release ..

Is it that all the pacakges in main .will install without the need of
dependency from universe ...
Is it hte same with universe ..i.e all the packages from the universe will
install without  the need of dependent pacakges from main component ...

Now I want to setup the archive for my first release ..How do I do that ..

Can you please tell me ..Where do I get MOM,motu-tools and germinat tools
..and also sync and merge tools ... and any others you are using for package
archiveing ... ans also how to work with that ..

Regards
Chandu