Regarding Moving packages from Universe section to main section

Chandan M C chandukutti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 05:28:24 GMT 2006

Hi ,
  Thanks for the reply ... can you please give me the procedure ubuntu is
fololwing to sync and merge the pacakges from debian ...

How do I generate the seeds list ... How different seed list is generated in
Ubuntu ..

We are into our first release , so we dont have owr own repo as Ubuntu yet
.. Our single cd distro contains some aroung 800+ packages out of which 30 +
are modified and added XbossY version same as ubuntu ..Now If I have to
setupo a repo same as ubuntu for all 15000 pacakges ..How do I do that ..
I hope I cannot follow the procedure of MOM ... as that is used only for
comparision between ubuntu and debian versions ..as I dont have yet my own
version ...

May I know How Ubuntu setup the archive for their first release "warty"..
Was there all 4 components (main.universe,restricte,mutliverse) at that time
also ... How you synced and merged for the first release..as Ubuntu doesnt
had its own repo for its first release ...

Other thing .. Is Ubuntu rebuilding all 15000 pacakges of Debian or directly
syncing binaries and source ...

Regards
Chandu