Think I discovered something

gene richburg gene5402 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 05:04:54 UTC 2012

Hello, ok so I got ubuntu installed and think I might have come across a bug.  I tried booting the disk on about 3 system with the same result, when ever the cd finishes booting I don't hear the drums, and a friend of mine tried it out on his system and he didn't hear the drums either.  I suspect this might be happening to some others as well.  What I discovered, is that the reason why the drums sound is not being heard, is because the volume defaults to all the way down, and this can be varified if you happen to have phisical volume keys on your keyboard or laptop and you press the volume up you can hear a kind of knocking sound that gets louder or softer depending on whither you're turning the volume up or down.