Orca Master

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza vilmar at informal.com.br
Wed Jan 25 08:31:01 UTC 2012

Hi Robert
Here are the steps that I took to compile orca on ubuntu 11.10.
Hope that helps.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
sudo apt-get install gnome-common

The next commands are necessary to update the version of python-gobject.
Orca needs version 3.0.2 or above and ubuntu 11.10 comes with version 3.0.0.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

  git clone git://git.gnome.org/orca orca
cd orca