Orca Master

Robert cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 03:40:40 UTC 2012

Hello, everyone.

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 along with Orca version 3.2.1.

I see that a lot of Ubuntu 11.10 users are happily using Orca Master
(which I believe is version 3.3.5pre).

About a month or more ago I asked on the Orca list how to get and build
Orca Master from the GNOME Git repository. At that time, however, I was
running Linux Mint 12. Someone pointed me to the Orca Wiki's
Download/Install page [1]. I followed the instructions there, and I
completely broke my Linux Mint 12 system. I know that the Wiki is going
through an update process, and I (now) know that the instructions for
obtaining Orca Master located there are out-of-date, as I believe they
are in reference to Orca pre-GNOME 3.

Is there an updated guide somewhere for getting and building the latest
Orca Master branch? It does not seem like it would be that difficult (as
the instructions on the Wiki page were explained quite well). I really
want to try and build Orca Master again, but the right way. If there is
an updated guide, where would I find it?

Thanks for any help which you are able to provide.

Take care.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall