Two another 30accessibility related bugs for Natty packaged casper package

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 28 21:20:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:06:30AM EST, Hammer Attila wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I reported two important bugs for Natty Casper package
> 30accessibility scripts related:
> 1. User-settings.py filename is changed after Orca 2.32 version, but
> 30accessibility script in ubiquity-hooks/target-config directory is
> not followed this change for if cases for blindness related
> profiles.
> Bugreport and fix patch link is following, please review the patch,
> and if the patch is good, please commit:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/744214

Yep I can verify this. WIll fix once beta freeze has been lifted/beta has been released, as this is not a show stopper for beta.

> 2. I don't no why need, but if have preconfigured user-settings.conf
> Orca configuration file with /etc/skel/.local/share/orca folder,
> Casper package simple owerwrite the Orca settings for live user home
> directory (owerwriting the .local/share/orca/user-settings.conf
> file) with default settings.
> Another orca related files is not owerwrited and right copyed the
> live user .local/share/orca folder (custom developed
> orca-customizations.py file, Orca application settings, etc).
> The problem is live the casper source package
> scripts/casper-bottom/30accessibility script.
> For example, some Ubuntu based distributions stores this way the
> preconfigured settings for /etc/skel folder if would like provide
> default accessibility settings for future new created users, an
> example distribution with work this way is Vinux, but I using this
> way too my little hungarian Ubuntu based accessible distribution.
> Bugreport link with this problem related:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/744227
> If possible, please examine if existing an
> .local/share/orca/user-settings.conf file with /etc/skel folder or
> not, if the file is existing, please not owerwrite the live
> environment running 30accessibility script with the existing file
> with factory settings with live user home
> directory/.local/share/orca directory, keep the automatic skel
> directory copyed file.

Whilst I don't agree with putting any old files in /etc/skel for various reasons, this change is essentially harmless for Ubuntu proper, so I will also fix this up once beta has been released.

Thanks.

Luke