Natty accessibility issues

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Fri Aug 26 15:58:24 UTC 2011

OK, figured out how to get classic GNOME back accessibly. I discovered
that the menubar normally reachable via F10 has some extra options, and
under one such I found the system configuration tool. Under that I found
the login settings screen, where I switched back to classic GNOME. I
don't recall which submenu it was under, as I'm now back to classic and
am not going back until these issues are resolved.

I noticed on this screen that, while all controls are identified as
buttons, pressing space didn't activate them as it normally does. This
was a bit surprising.

Anyhow, hoping the capslock thing can get resolved. Using Orca on my
laptop is kind of painful even with a remapped key, as I either have to
switch modes, or use my left hand to tap Insert while using my right to
use a laptop mode command.

Thanks for the tips.