orca out of the box

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:07:04 GMT 2009

Hi, Arki, and thanks for working on the bugs.  I think there are a few
of us who would like to help get Orca working well in Lucid.  I've
installed alpha1, and have run into the pyatspi bug you know about.
Any help getting Orca working well is appreciated.  I'm comfortable
debugging C code, but I don't understand the whole D-bus/atspi/COBRA
stuff at all, or even if that's where the bug lies.

Another issue with continues to be pulseaudio.  Disabling it with the
.pulse_a11y_nostart hack leads to far superior audio performance.  Do
you think we have time to fix the pulseaudio problems for Lucid, or
should we focus on making the accessibility install with pulseaudio
disabled less buggy and more usable?  I'd like to help track down bugs
in Lucid related to accessibility from now until the April release.

Thanks,
Bill