Steve Lee steve at fullmeasure.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 10:43:54 GMT 2008

On 11/01/2008, a_lawry at tpg.com.au <a_lawry at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> pages I see ideas about voice control and using a joystick as a mouse. I
> would be happy to take up either of these projects.
>
> If their are any other projects/tasks currently going I would be interested.

Hi Andrew, It would be fantastic to have more alternative input
options in Ubuntu The recent addition of MouseTweaks helps round out
the provision and the 2 you mention would also be great additions.

There is also some upstream activity in these areas that was discussed
at the GNOME/Mozilla accessibility summit last year. Komodo Open Lab
are looking at developing simple voice gesture input. There are X
extensions to support alt input devices and perhaps switch joysticks
(compared to continuous). You could ping the GNOME a11y project as
someone there should be able to provide more info on both.

I think some research and clear documentation on how to configure the
various options would be really useful.

--
Steve Lee