Portability

Chris Jones cej105 at soton.ac.uk
Thu May 11 13:50:10 BST 2006

I agree, this is similar to what I was trying to say in my last post,
I think there is no way to get round our dependency on xlib for output
and sensing focus events on other windows etc. since I don't think GTK
currently offers an abstraction for those particular functions.

I don't honestly see why it matters what language we use for the
platform specific code.  Whilst I agree C is a very portable language,
so is python.  Either we write the xlib related code in C and wrap
bindings around that, or write it in python using bindings for xkb and
needed xlibs.  Which may already exist.  It doesn't matter either way
really.