LTS status for Ubuntu flavours

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 21 15:43:01 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

First of all, sorry for getting to this so late, there has been a bit of
rotation in the TB since last time we went through this and I think
everyone forgot about that rather important part of a LTS cycle!

So for Ubuntu 12.04, the following flavours had LTS status:
 - Edubuntu - 5 years
 - Kubuntu - 5 years
 - Xubuntu - 3 years

While not on the original list, Mythbuntu has also been participating in
all point releases so far and shortly after the 12.04 release switched
to being LTS-only.

As I said in another thread on the TB mailing-list, I don't think we
need to go through all the paperwork and meetings we did last time as I
believe all of those flavours showed they're capable of dealing with the
load of an LTS release.

So flavour leads of Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Mythbuntu and Xubuntu, can you
please let me know by replying to this e-mail:
 - Whether you want LTS status this time around?
 - How long will you be supporting the source packages which aren't
   shared with Ubuntu itself?

If any other flavour is interested in LTS status for 14.04, please
prepare a wiki page similar to this one:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/12.04/LTS-Proposal

And get in touch with the Technical Board (separate thread please) so we
can review it and let you know our decision as soon as possible.

Thank you!

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer