MRE for point release mythtv in LTS

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 20 15:58:38 UTC 2012

Hello Mario,

sorry for the late reply! Holidays and all..

Mario Limonciello [2012-08-01 11:40 -0500]:
> So we'd like to bring the recent point release into Precise now, but not
> just backporting the few fixes reported directly to us.  Could we get an
> MRE for mythtv in LTS?

Is there some upstream policy what can go into stable branches and
what not? Do we have some experience how these point releases
generally work for users (e. g. from the PPA users), and did they ever
cause major regressions?

How many changes do these microreleases usually contain, could you
please link to some changelogs?

Thank you!

Martin