MRE for point release mythtv in LTS

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 1 16:40:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

As Mythbuntu is LTS only (as approved by TB recently), we wanted to also be
able to bring the stable point release updates of MythTV to LTS releases.
 Upstream has done 2 point releases in the 0.25.x series now.  We are
maintaining a nightly PPA of both master (following the 0.26 series) and
fixes (following the 0.25 series).  So these builds are happening
regularly.  Whenever a problem is found with a package we first point users
at that PPA to see if it's happening with an updated stable fixes build.  A
variety of issues have been fixed this way, but there are still a bunch
that have been fixed by upstream and not reported to us.

So we'd like to bring the recent point release into Precise now, but not
just backporting the few fixes reported directly to us.  Could we get an
MRE for mythtv in LTS?  For non-LTS releases, we'll continue to just upload
the latest stable during development cycle and point them to PPA's
otherwise.

Thanks,

--
Mario Limonciello