Re-aligning the Ubuntu Developer Process

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 13 14:50:42 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel (2011.07.13_15:29:55_+0200)
> I feel that applications of Canonical employees shouldn't be treated
> differently than those from non-Canonical contributors.

I'm a MOTU who often works with and endorses new MOTUs, so I lurk in
many DMB meetings. I can't say I see Canonical employees being treated
particularly differently. The cases where I've seen deferrals
were usually lacking "sustained and significant contributions"
I have seen narrower experience (they're doing uploads as part of a
focussed day job, this is to be expected), and all uploads sponsored by
one or two team mates. This obviously limits the pool of potential
endorsers.

Is that maybe part of the problem here? (if there is one)

We (MOTU) generally try to encourage people to work on a wide range of
activities, and with multiple sponsors. When it comes to application
time, there are a fair number of people that the applicant can turn to
for endorsements.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera