Request for packagset maintenance team for the kernel packages

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 13 13:02:39 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:33:52AM +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I would like to request that a launchpad team be created
> > to contain the set of uploaders to the kernel and related packages to
> > increase tansparency and ease administration of future kernel upload
> > requests.
> <...>
> > It seems appropriate that the Developer Membership Board
> > remain the administrator of this new team.
>
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > This seems reasonable enough to me.  Is this not something that the DMB can
> > implement directly?  Do you need help?
>
>     Based on the documentation for delegated teams (0), I was under
> the impression that the TechnicalBoard was the appropriate body to
> accept/reject any requests for delegated teams.  The DMB could
> implement this, but I believe it would be exceding our authority to
> create new teams, rather than just adding members to existing teams,
> or authorising per-package uploaders.

That document predates the delegation of the DMB itself, and I guess I
assumed that this responsibility would pass along with everything else.

I don't see why it should matter whether the DMB is putting people into this
team or that team in Launchpad: the end result (granting of privileges) is
the same, and that's the charter of the DMB.

--
 - mdz