Introductions

bapoumba bapoumba at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 9 08:43:05 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Richard JOHNSON<nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Thought I would go ahead and open up the list with some introductions, so
> those who read the archives can see who we are, and just in case none of us
> have met before, lets go ahead and meet now (better on a Mailing List than
> Facebook) :)
>
> My name is Rich Johnson, I have been around here since 2005 working closely
> with the Kubuntu project. MOTU and Core Developer. Spent time on the LoCo
> and Kubuntu Councils, currently on the Regional Membership Board as well as
> the MOTU Council. As I am running out of councils to be a part of, the 2 I
> would really enjoy sitting on would be the Community Council and the
> Technical Board (hint hint) :)
>
> You can find me online as nixternal as well as on IRC in the many Ubuntu
> channels.
>
> Thanks Jono for creating this list, lets go ahead and make it <Jorge
> Castro>AWESOME!</Jorge Castro>
>
> --
>  Name|  Richard JOHNSON
> Title|  Developer
>  WWW|  http://www.ubuntu.com
> Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
> GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Hehe, I had the same idea after I was subscribed, although not as complete;
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/team-council-members/2009-September/000000.html

My name is Isabelle Duchatelle and I'm from the Forums Council.
I'm a mother of 3 boys, all using Ubuntu, I dived into the project as
soon as it appeared on the internets. I'm more of the forums kind
rather than the IRC kind.. I'm bapoumba on both the forums and IRC (I
only show up on IRC when a meeting is not in the meddle of my night or
my work day).
I teach Biology at a French university, and have (gently) pushed the
idea of open source. We now use openoffice/firefox/thunderbird/moodle
to teach basic computer skills to all of our 12,000 1st -> 3rd year
students. That was quite an achievement..

See you around :)

PS: I can browse the mailing list archives without having to sign in,
is it normal?

--
bapoumba