Introduction

Matthew Helmke matthelmke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:17:15 BST 2009

I'm Matthew Helmke, one of the Forum Council members and Ubuntu user
since Hoary (5.04). I'm also a member of the regional membership board
for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

I have been privileged to participate in writing and editing the most
recent version of The Official Ubuntu Book (and will likely continue in
future editions) and have done other writing about Ubuntu for magazines.
I've also written a bunch of other stuff.

I'm a husband, father of three, graduate student at the University of
Arizona, guitar player, and the sort of person who takes pretty much
everything apart to try to figure out how it works.