Andriod not the only open source mobile os out there now

Tero Pesonen tero at tpesonen.net
Tue Feb 9 05:48:27 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 10:49 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> > AT&T don't even operate here. The rest of the world has a grown-up
> > cell network based on GSM; only the USA is a backwater with a
> > Balkanised network of incompatible vendor-locked CDMA regions.
> >

> I doubt that the USA is a backwater region with just CDMA. They have PCS
> and GSM too. By the way, 3G phones are not GSM. They are WCDMA. You can
> kiss GSM good bye if you are using 3G.

Ahem, well, in theory, yes... but let me still keep the GSM bands, too.
just in case the shiny 2100 MHz WCDMA doesn't work exactly everywhere
where I might need to make a phone call. I mean, that of course doesn't
ever happen, at least not in the elevator, or when going one story
underground, but still...

Tero Pesonen

--
PGP/GPG Key ID 315FD528