Andriod not the only open source mobile os out there now

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Feb 9 02:49:43 GMT 2010

> AT&T don't even operate here. The rest of the world has a grown-up
> cell network based on GSM; only the USA is a backwater with a
> Balkanised network of incompatible vendor-locked CDMA regions.

I doubt that the USA is a backwater region with just CDMA. They have PCS
and GSM too. By the way, 3G phones are not GSM. They are WCDMA. You can
kiss GSM good bye if you are using 3G. Also, I did not know that the
iPhone was CDMA. That would have been tough for it, if not impossible,
to be introduced into Hong Kong where the sole CDMA operator has really
poor coverage although the CDMA tech itself was great.