Binary deltas in apt-get?

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:08:20 BST 2009

On Thursday, 11 June 2009 15:50:26 David Gerard wrote:
> So
> binary patching would alleviate network, not be a problem for CPU and
> memory and possibly make disk I/O slightly worse.
I'd dig a delta. My network is limited and throttled and choked and expensive.
The idea of updating sometimes makes me cry (sobbing smiley here). And my net
connection is actually one of the best out of what's available to me in South
Africa... Bloody Telkom monopoly (Grrr smiley)

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
2D vector animation : https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/things/